Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sons of Gallipoli
















Sons of Gallipoli



We had a special Anzac assembly today and we sang a very sad song called "Sons of Gallipoli". One speaker from each year level spoke to the whole school on what they knew about the Anzac Day.

In class we also made an Anzac art piece of the soldiers on the battle field which was filled with poppies. Poppies were seen on the battle fields and that was why they represent the Anzac. Some of the girls in class baked delicious Anzac biscuits last night. We are looking forward to eating them after writing this blog!!!

 

4 comments:

  1. Sons of Gallipoli is very sad your right. I liked learning about the ANZAC. I cannot wait to learn more. I think ANZAC is a good thing to learn about.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. At home I watched the video and I felt sad because lots of people died. But I thought the poppy's were very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Anzac day is very important.
    I watched the video and I had a very sad feeling.
    I think the Army were very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was lots of fun making the soliders & poppies!!!Georgia

    ReplyDelete